9.01.2006

1st Basketball League Game

Lastnight was the 1st of 10 league games. I was invited by my friend Swit and the team's captain, Kelcey. Even though we didn't win, I was somewhat satisfied with my performance. I made only a single point and went 0-4 from the field. I initally got winded in the beginning but after I got over that hump, I was starting to get use to the game play. At least I didn't make a fool of myself.

-The last time I played a game was probably 4 years ago and that was in a half court setting against my coworkers.
-The last time that I played in a full court setting was probably about 7-8 years ago.
-The last time I played in a organized (refereed), competitive game was back in college.

The team that we played against had a few players pretty close to the height limit of 6'2". We had one player on our team that was about 6'0". In the first half, we got off to a slow start. We were down 26-6 at the half. Then in the second half, it looked like we played more aggressive (mixed in with the fact that the other team seemed to be getting a little tired; they were fouling a lot which is an indication of that). The end result was we lost by 10 points, 42-32. Next week we should do better.

Right after the game, my right ankle just really tightened up all of a sudden. Even though I stretched out right after and when I got home, it still remains quite sore. I should be all right for the next game. I am just going to concentrate my game on playing on the inside, playing better defense, boxing out, rebounding. and just driving to the basket and either shooting it or dishing it out to my other teammates. We have plenty of shooters on the team so I don't need to be trying to go for the outside shots. When I used to play back in the days, I use to play shooting guard or point guard. Nowadays, I can't shoot worth a lick, and my body isn't as quick enough to bring the ball up the court and initiate play. It's different style of play but one that I am looking forward to trying to figure out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home