9.05.2006

Where Do I Start?

So many things to mention, where do I begin?

LOCKED OUT


No, Fiona did not lock me out of the house. I came in to work this morning and I found out that my keys weren't working to get into the office. I checked all entrances and no luck. I recalled a locksmith coming out on Friday and my coworker and I just looked puzzled. But I just put the thought in the back of my mind. I called our office manager and he didn't know anything. I called my boss and apparently she knew that the locks were changed. That's nice! So I waited for the property manager to come in (which was almost an hour and half later). She let me in but I still do not have a key. As you can tell, communication is not our strong suit at my company.

Jadon's First Day

Jadon has finally recuperated from his illness and he looks ready to go and attend his first day of school. Fiona and I have been hyping it up and so far he sounds really excited to go. I hope he doesn't cry and I hope that he has a blast learning and making friends. I told him that it's going to be like his Sunday school except that he'll eat lunch there and he'll be at school for a lot longer. Even though Fiona says she doesn't think that she'll shed any tears, I think that she will.

Close Call

Yesterday afternoon we headed to Downtown Disney for a nice stroll and a snack/dessert at Rainforest Cafe. Fiona is a Safari Member and she had received a $5 coupon off plus she gets free appetizer (or 10% off the bill). Jadon was actually okay with going there. He didn't cry one bit. Luckily they had outdoor patio seating so all the kiddies didn't freak out or anything.

Anyways it was getting to be past the kiddies' nap time and we headed on home at around 4:00p.m. On the freeway, we witnessed a pretty scary situation. A car accident occured right before our eyes. It must have been about 50 yards right in front of us. We saw a older model Honda Accord (3-4 young males in that car) over compensate a lane change and did a 270 degree twirl, go backwards towards the center divider, all the while the SUV right in front of us veered to it's left to avoid the car and unfortunately hit the Accord. I applied the brakes but I didn't have to push it all the way down. I felt sorry for the SUV because they, like us, were just driving, and wham, they're involved in this accident. Hopefully no one was injured. I just counted my blessings that we escaped. I drove right by the scene. I decided to not stop, but I did have Fiona call 911 and report the accident. Should I have stopped? I have three kids who need to take a nap. I always feel undecisive and a little guilty when situations like this happen.

House Hunting

This past Saturday, we did some more house hunting. We looked at some houses in the Riverside area (about a 30 minute drive inland from where we live, taking the toll roads). There was some new cluster homes that we checked out. It seemed to fit our parameters for what we wanted in a house. As for the area around it, it's tough to not compare neighborhoods to Irvine, but I think we have to move past that otherwise we will never move. So we'll have to sleep on it and do more research into that community as well as others.

The Last To Recover

Vanessa is the last one to be recovering from her bout of sickness. I thought that she would be the best as far as handling it but so far she acts real nasty. She is super needy which can be nice at times, but otherwise it just translates her into being really sensitive. When she's needy, she'll let us hold her and she'll lie her head on our chest which is so precious. That is the only positive that I can find in her being needy. Most of the time she'll just stand there and give us a pissed off look. Then Natalie, in her chipper mood, will come around and touch her on her back and Vanessa will just cry. The worse part about Vanessa being sick was Fiona limited her and by what she can eat and drink and that just made Vanessa really pissed off. Vanessa would just pout by walking behind a chair or go into the kitchen and cry. It was really sad to see her like that. Hopefully she is on the road to recovering. She takes 3 hour naps, her appetite seems to returning, and her poop is becoming more solid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home