11.29.2006

All Work (And Being Sick) And No Play

I finally succumbed to getting sick. It started with Natalie, and then Jadon, Vanessa, and Fiona (she's still sick). I thought that if I just kept popping Vitamin Cs and taking Zicam that I could beat it. It was not to be though. I felt a little tickle on Sunday and Monday night was when it hit me. Yesterday was just brutal on me and last night was agonizing. The sinus headache/pressure mixed in with nasal congestion was tortuous. During the worse periods when Fiona was sick, I would end up sleeping on the couch because she'd be making sounds in her sleep. That has yield me little sleep. Lastnight was no different. For the first half of the night, I slept in bed but then I ended up on the couch. Unfortunately this is a bad week to take sick time. Yesterday (as well as this Thursday) I have to work out in the field up in Los Angeles. And today I'm working in the office but no one to cover me.

I do hope that I get over this quickly. When I get sick, it tends to last for a good week or so. There's so many things that I have planned over the next two weeks. I am preparing to repaint the garage floor. So that means clearing and cleaning out the garage. I figured I would spread it out over the week but I'm not sure if that it will occur that way. Then I plan to have some garage organizers installed (preferably by the end of next week if the dang garage organizer people call me back). Next Monday, I plan to take the day off and take the family to Disneyland. Fiona's got her annual passport (via Ebay) and Jadon and I will need to get one. The girls will be free! And of course, we need to buy a Christmas tree and decorate that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home