3.26.2007

Mentalness.

The girls have their little mentalness when it comes to being neat.

Lets start off with Natalie. When we're feeding her (whether it be at a table or on her high chair), she starts to whine and freak out if there is a little morsel of food (i.e. grain of rice, macaroni) either on her table or on her finger. She won't stop whining until she's cleared or we've cleared it. Weirdo.

With Vanessa, her mentalness appears right near bed time. We have a ritual of giving the kids a bath, reading a few bedtime stories, praying, and singing. As soon as we are done, if she sees anything (i.e. toy, book) on her floor she gets upset, picks the object up, takes it to the hallway area, and furiously hurls it to the floor. So what do I do? I'll place a toy on the floor in her room and see her go. She gets visibly more and more upset with tears coming down her eyes. Weirdo.

Yeah, I like to torment my children but it is so funny to observe their quirkiness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Crap... my little one just figured out that she can throw things down with some force, so she started throwing all of her toys around. I'm trying to get her to throw things into a bucket, but so far I've had little luck. I just hope she doesn't start freaking out about cleaning out her room. Of course, she is my daughter, and you've seen how I live, so I doubt it. By the way, that thing you do putting toys on the floor in their room? Cold. Real cold.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home