7.18.2005

Jadon, the funny little nut....

One of the highlights about having kids is they can crack you up so much. They can truly be your source of entertainment. Yesterday on the way home from church, Natalie was crying nonstop. Sometimes I feel bad for Jadon because he's stuck in the back row, enduring the girls' clamourous and annoying cries. Well I dropped Fiona and the girls off at home and took Jadon with me to pick up some dinner. Silence at last. Here's how my conversation with Jadon went:

I ask him "Jadon, Natalie cries a lot doesn't she?"
Jadon says "Na-na-nee (that's the way he pronounces her hame) has bugs!"
My response "Huh?"
He repeats "Na-na-nee has bugs."
I ask him "Has bugs? What?"
Jadon explains "Na-na-nee has ants coming out."
It finally clicked and I just started laughing. He took the phrase "Natalie bugs" literally.

............

So I am ordering some Chinese take out at Cafe Chin Chin's and Jadon is wandering around. Without realizing, he starts to hug the the guy's leg right next to me. It startled the man a little bit and the lady behind us started laughing. Wrong guy, little buggar. Sure the guy was Asian, but he didn't look like me at all. Later on Jadon saw the guy from across the restaurant and pointed to him and told me "wrong guy." That's the third time he has mistaken someone else for me.

............

Last night the phone rang and I told Jadon to go and pick up the phone (we have a special ringer when certain people call so we can screen out telemarketers). So he goes over to pick up the phone and says "Hi Gan-ma! Hi Gan-ma! Hi Gan-ma! Where are you?" and then he hangs up. That was hilarious. He always assumes that whoever calls is his Grandma.

............

Last week Fiona took Jadon to Target to run some shopping errands. She was walking through the aisles and Jadon was wandering around. Fiona was keeping tabs on him and she knew that he wandered off. She waited for him but to no avail he didn't reappear. A few seconds later she heard him saying "Momma? Momma?" It's just the cutest thing to hear how he says that (or when he says "Dadda? Dadda?"). It just melts your little heart.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to do that with telemarketers too! They ask for me and I give it to JP. I should record some of the conversations he has. Hahaha!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home