1.23.2006

Jadon's Zoo Experience

Well, Saturday went rather well. I got up 7:00am , got dressed, and woke up Jadon. Pretty much almost everything went as planned as stated in my previous post. The snags that we hit were (1) we got lost on the way to the zoo. It side tracked us for about 15 minutes. So instead of showing up at 9:30am, we got there 9:45am. (2) We were at the zoo until at about 1:00pm instead of leaving at 2:00pm (I'll get into that more in a bit). (3) Instead of going to Rain Forest Cafe, we ended up going to the Elephant Bar Restaurant. Jadon got to stay up a later then usual. He got all sorts of cool toys. To name a few, he got this Tonka Sanitation trash truck. It looks real authentic. He also got his first remote control car. He needs a lot of practice. He keeps wanting to move the car by hand (even though he has the remote in hand). He also got some clothes from his Auntie Angeline and Uncle Elliot. This was his response "I want real presents!" Hahahahaha! =) That's my boy.

Now back to Jadon's zoo experience. I got him totally psyched up for it. All through the road trip, he kept on saying "Jadon go to the zoo!" We saw flamingos, all sorts of monkeys, orrangutans, birds, gazelles, zebras, bulls, hogs, pigs, polar bears (they were sleeping so I don't think Jadon really saw them), koala bears, other bears, giraffes, elephants, lions, snakes, camels, goats, storks, ducks, and a whole bunch of other exotic animals. I tried to take a pictures of Jadon with most of the animals but trying to take pictures of a toddler is a real challenge. For one thing, Jadon hates taking pictures in general. So each time I try to take a picture, I took Fiona's method. I would ask him if the flash works or not. It worked like a charm (thank God for digital cameras, I can't imagine using 35mm film). Plus I think trying to take a picture every couple of minutes probably took away from his overall zoo experience. He didn't seem as interested as I though he would. I think part of that was due to the fact that he could not spot the animals because they were hiding in the trees or not moving. After lunch he was more occupied with the box of raisins he got with his lunch then the animals. I had to take it away and tell him that he could have it back when we go back to the car. So for the next hour he kept on telling me he wanted to go to the car. *smacked my forehead a couple of times* (That was one of the reasons why we left the zoo earlier then anticipated) So we went around looking for any shows but all of them seemed to have midmorning show times and afternoon times. Before we left, we went to the children's petting zoo. He got to pet some goats and lambs. He really enjoyed that, his response was "I want to see more real animals!" *rolled my eyes and shook my head and laughed* I guess if kids can't touch it, it's not real.

You know you're becoming an old fart when you get really tired from these excursions. We were only at the zoo for a little more than 3 hours and I was pooped. It's going to be dreading when we take all three kids to Disneyland or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home