2.15.2006

MRI Results.

Yesterday, after work, I went to see the doctor to go over my MRI results. It was not a good prognosis at all. My right jaw joint is completely dislocated. It use to click which meant that it would pop out and pop back in the socket. My left jaw joint is now clicking which is popping in and out of the socket. So what does that mean? Probably more money out of my socket. The doctor said there are several steps that are non-surgical. There's a splint that I would be fitted for and there's physical therapy and steroid treatments. I asked the doctor if those solutions would pop my joint back. She said that it could pop back in but with the severity of my jaw, it's not likely. She said that the non-surgical procedures would just alleviate the pain and give me more jaw mobility. She said that if those solutions were not helping after a certain amount of time, that surgery (more specifically, arthorscopic surgery) would then be explored. She also said that it's best to take the more conservative (non-surgical) procedures first for insurance purposes. In order to get covered for surgery, most insurance companies require non-surgical procedures first. Hopefully I won't have to go through any surgery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home