2.15.2006

My Poor Fiona.

Things have been really tough for us, especially for Fiona, as far as the kids go. All three kids have seemed to have caught a virus that started about a week and a half ago. First it started with Natalie (we have traced it to her physical therapist), then Vanessa got it, and now Jadon seems to have it. The virus causes high fever, diarrehea, loss of appetite, and possible soar throat/cough. It's a definite nightmare. The girls already don't eat and are low on weight to start off with. Now they are hardly taking in anything and still crapping a lot. All three are cranky, whiny, and overly sensitive. Fiona is so warn out from it and frustrated. I don't blame her at all. Plus her parents are off on a trip to Singapore and China for three weeks, so her mom isn't around to take Jadon off her hands. No relief insight.

Last night was probably one of the worse nights and it was on Valentine's! Fiona was already having a bad day with the kids when I got home. Jadon had been crying a lot. The girls were just bad. Their last nap was a terrible one. I went to Marie Callendars to do a pick up for dinner. Fiona had called in the order around 5:45pm. The restaurant calls me at about 6:00pm (I'm on the road) to tell me that they don't have the pie selections that we had ordered (major bummer) and that the food would take about 20 minutes because they had just put the order in. Say what?! Fiona called in 15 minutes prior and they're just putting in the order. So I happened to get there 5 minutes later and I paid for the dinner ahead of time. The cashier tells me that they just put the order in (around 6:10pm at the time). Say what (x2)?!?!?! So the restaurant was pretty darn packed. I forgot that it can get quite busy at rush hour. Usually when we go out to eat, we go earlier (like senior citizen time) to avoid the heavy crowds. It's 6:30pm and I go up to the cashier to check on my order. The cashier checks up on my food and it takes her 10 minutes to assemble my order. I don't think she recognized me because she asked me if I had paid. So while she is getting all the food items together, I'm observing her and she was messing it up. I had to correct her a few times. I ended up getting out of there by 6:45pm!!! So I get home around 7:00pm. All three kids were crying. Fiona, through all the frustration, decided to give the girls an early bath and we ended up putting them to sleep way early. We've been putting the girls to bed early as of late. At our current rate, we'll probably put them to sleep by 5:00pm in no time =). Jadon was crying because he was hungry. With him, it seems to be an endless cycle. He hasn't been eating which is probably making him cranky. So after finishing up with the girls we finally get to dinner. Jadon kept saying that he was hungry. I asked him if he wanted to start with some cornbread. Nope. How about chicken? Nope. He ate one small bite of mash potatoes, one small piece of cornbread, a tiny piece of of chicken, and a tiny piece of ribs. That was it. How frustrating is that? Earlier he hadn't eaten any breakfast and lunch (his favorite food, mac n' cheese).

Most of the time it's usually one kid that is having a bad day and that can be frustrating. Then when you have two kids acting up, your day is just shot. But to have all three kids going off, I can just see our fuses blow.

So how is your day? I hope better then ours. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home