2.13.2006

Park Outing.

On Saturday, Fiona asked me to take Jadon out to the park for 20 minutes while she prepped up lunch. I told Jadon that if he sees any kids, to not cry and to just play by himself if he wants. He said "Okay." So we walk to the park nearby and there were no kids on the jungle gym. There was an older kid with his father (or grandfather) sitting at the tables. Jadon had his eyes on the kid majority of the time. I sat on a bench and Jadon wanted to sit on the bench with me.

I said "Jadon, if you want to sit with me then we might as well sit at home."
Jadon responds "Go home now."
I roll my eyes and say "Jadon, c'mon we just got here, play at the park."

So after a little coaxing he went on the slides a couple of times and went on the swings for a little bit. A noticed a funny little thing about him, he likes to narrate to himself. While I was sitting down on the bench, I could hear him talking to himself about what he was doing: "Jadon is driving" -he was steering a wheel, "Jadon is sitting" -sitting at the kids playground table, "Jadon is going down on this one" -going down some stair blocks. Strange little fella.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recall Rainman doing that. You must have a really intelligent kid :)

4:46 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

Except he can't count very high, he doesn't buy underwear from Kmart, and he doesn't know who's on first base.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That must be interesting when he plays poker...

12:44 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

Yeah when he plays poker he won't be able to bluff because he's busy narrating what he has. "Jadon's got an ace, ooo Jadon's got another ace, Jadon's got three aces...."

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home