2.09.2006

Tax Freak.

I just finished my preliminary round of doing taxes. I love doing them believe it or not. Of course it doesn't hurt that I get money back in the process. I just love Turbo Tax. That program just makes things not only easier but funner. I started doing my taxes through Turbo Tax about five years ago. About three years ago I physically went into an H&R Block broker to try them out. I figured with a new house, selling stocks, and Jadon being born, I should let the experts handle it. Of course they charged an arm and a leg. All they did was use their own tax program and entered the information. I thought that they would do more. All they did was exagerate the amount of money I was donating and that was about it. So I just went back to Turbo Tax. I love their basic feature of having this little counter of how much you will be getting back after you enter each deduction. And I especially love it when it keeps going up. As you might have not already guessed, we got money back this year (preliminary of course, but I don't see it changing much if any when I double check it)! With Natalie and Vanessa coming aboard, we got even more back. Finally something the girls are useful for =) hehehehe. Now if I can get them to work and earn some money. Some of the proceeds are going back into savings (mainly for the next property tax), part of it will go towards Fiona's IRA, and I proposed to Fiona that we can take a small amount for the each of us and use it as a shopping spree. I think we deserve one. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger a mindless zombie said...

Well I don't actually have the money right now to put into an IRA. Don't you know that you can take the tax deduction before you put the money into the IRA. You have before tax time. So what I did is put on my taxes how much I plan to put in. Then when I get my return back I will put that amount in. I have been doing that for the past five years. (H&R Block does that too if you haven't already put money into your IRA).

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home