2.02.2006

New Cell Phone.

I got a new cell phone today. I was using a Motorola V220 but the reception on that sucked. So I went back to a Nokia brand. I got the Nokia 6102 model. I read reviews that it gets great reception. Now I had gotten the Motorola about 6 months ago with a 2 year renewal agreement so I wasn't planning on upgrading my phone. Well a few days ago I was bored at work and I saw online ads for free phones from Cingular. I just decided to check it out and I ended up logging into my account. For the heck of it, I decided to check my upgrade status. I expected it to say that I was not elgible. I guessed wrong. When I had upgraded to my Motorola, I did it at a Cingular Wireless store. Apparently they didn't update my account. So I checked out the prices on the phones and I saw the Nokia 6102 for free! So I called Cingular Wireless and wanted to see what I would have to pay, if there were rebates, activation fees, etc. They said that I was not elgible for the online price even though I was elgible for upgade. Now here's the kicker, the sales rep said to call their e-store and that they would price match the Cingular.com's price. I have no clue what that is about because you would think that they are under the same company. The rep said that they would have the $18 upgrade fee too. So I called the e-store up and after a few minutes of telling that rep my story, they were sending me a free phone, no tax, no fee. They sent it out on the 31st and I got it today (the 2nd). Sweet!

Allright, it's time to stop blogging. My contacts are getting dry and I gotta get them out. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home