1.24.2006

A Bad Day Turned Decent.

It was one of those bad days. Work was all right except there were several hiccups to give me a slight headache. After work I went to see my general physician as a follow up from a couple of weeks ago. Over the past month and a half I have been experiencing jaw pain. It's been on and off and it hurts when I eat and yawn. The doctor thinks it has something to do with my t.m.j. (TemporoMandibular Joint) or jaw joint. He prescribed me some anti-inflammatories and it worked for a little bit but the pain has reoccured. Now he is referring me to an ENT (ear nose throat) doctor. They'll probably do x-rays or something. Then shortly after I got home I got into a tiff with Fiona. My temper has gotten short as of late. I don't know if the finances are stressing me out, or if it's my jaw, or man's version of PMS. That pretty much fouled up my mood. I was not in any kind of frame of mind to play with the kids at all tonight. Top it off I had a huge problem with the memory stick. I had 300 pictures or so on it and now my camera and card reader can read it. I called Sony and they think it's a malfunction. They referred me to a drive retrieval company. They charge a ludicrous amount, $350. I called Sony to see if they could cover it because the stick is new. No such luck. They won't even replace the stick unless it happens again! Damn Sony. My first real incident with them. So I took the memory stick down to a nearby Ritz Camera store. They said they could retrieve it for $50. That was doable. The only thing was they weren't able to do it. Apparently it crashed 2 of their computers, but it looked like they were running Windows 98 OS. It figures. Luckily I ran into my sister-in-law and future brother-in-law. He took the stick and said he would look into it. The guy is Mr. Miracle. He was able to retrieve most of it. What an emotional roller coaster of a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home