2.20.2006

Grumble, Grumble...Damn Home Owner Assoc.

It seems like our neighbor has nothing better to do then to observe us until we do some nitpicking thing wrong that doesn't comply to the Home Owners Association rules. Ever since we moved in to our new townhouse, we've been getting compliance notices. We got a few for landscape upkeep. With our front yard area, we just decided to take the full 6-month requisite to finally design and landscape it out. We've gotten notices for landscape planting. I guess he didn't like the weeds =). Then we got a notice for taking our trash out too early. We were putting it out in the morning the day before trash day as oppose to the afternoon the day before. I have also seen him moving our trash bin because it was less then an inch on his side of the property (in front near the garage). Now last week we got a notice for keeping our garage door opened too much and too long. We keep it open in the afternoons because when I get home, the kids are asleep. So I don't want to open it and wake them up (their rooms are right above the garage). That is the only reason why we'll keep it open. I've parked my car in front of the garage and haven't been approached about it but my in-laws have and he's told them that they can't park in front of my garage. Now I don't have hard evidence that he is the one reporting us but I have a strong hunch that it is him because... I dunno....he's the president of the HOA of our community. He's this old, mid-to-late 70's, caucasian man who lives at home with his weiner dog. Then to top it off the HOA fees were just raised an additional 25%! This guy sucks, next time when it comes to voting I hope he's out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I don't have a Homeowner Association. I haven't mowed my lawn in about 6 weeks ;)

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't leave your garage door open too long? Are you serious? You should ask how long is too long? If you close it and immediately open it, does the timer reset?

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home