6.20.2006

Going Against The Grain.

Something tells me that Natalie is going to turn out to be a unique individual (in a strange and funny way). She seems to be going against the social norm (the norm being Jadon and Vanessa). Yesterday, before dinner, I was playing with all three kiddies upstairs in the master bedroom. I was being the ferocious-dog-snarling-monster crawling and chasing the kids. Jadon and Vanessa were laughing hysterically and running away going into the hallway/tech area. Natalie doesn't follow suit. She clumsily runs towards me. Either she's not scared or she's not aware of the game. I'm guessing the latter. So I grab Natalie and gnarl her neck and tickle her. -She giggles but I don't think it's because it tickles her. Fiona and I think she mimics her siblings when they get tickled. - Then I go after Jadon and Vanessa and have my tickle fest with them. Finally everything comes to a slow. Jadon and Vanessa are panting, recovering from their laughter. They make there way away from me just in case I get my second wind and decide to go after them again. Everything calms down when Natalie finally joins us from the other room. She gives her little cub roar thinking that we're still playing. Then she flops her whole body onto my lap. Although I welcome individuality and uniqueness, I hope that in the future it doesn't alienate her from making friends or hanging out with her siblings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home