6.19.2006

Father's Day x4

This was my fourth Father's day with my three kiddies (4 with Jadon, 2 with the girls). The girls gave me a chance to sleep in on Sunday morning (a rarity). Fiona and I slept in (if you call it sleeping in) until shortly after 8:30am. Vanessa is usually the one who cries and whines to get me out of the bed on the weekends, but this time (on Father's Day) she was quietly playing in her crib. How thoughtful.

After breakfast I opened up my father's day gifts from Fiona and the kiddies. The first gift that I opened up was really one for the kids (mostly Jadon) but a gift that I will enjoy also. It's a dvd of Veggie Tales: Are You My Neighbor. They are really cool videos that cover moral issues. This particular one spoofs Star Trek. We recently finished off one of their other videos "Lord of the Beans." Can you tell what movie it spoofs off of? It's quite hilarious and really fun for the kids. The second gift that I got was a book by Robert Wolgemuth "She Calls Me Daddy." It's a book that will hopefully improve my parenting skills and enhance my relationships with my girls. The third gift was precious. If you recall what I got last year on Father's day. I had gotten a little booklet of the kids' footprints along with a translated poem from the each of them. Well Fiona, it seems, has started a tradition because she did it again this year too! Holy cow, their feet are bigger (of course). One of the things that was funny was when I was reading a portion of Natalie's poem was it made mention of that at times "she smells as if she farted" and as if she had been practicing, she farted on queue! Hahahaha!

The girls took their morning naps and I took Jadon to the park. To "de-wuss" him, I took our recently purchased baseball-with-bat-and-glove set out. This was the first time for him. We went to a part of the grass that was shaded by palm trees because it was getting hot and it hadn't reached 11:00am yet! I have to say that for the first time trying to bat the ball, Jadon didn't do too bad. I mean, he didn't hit it out of the park and his batting average was probably less than .100, but he was able to get into batting position (albiet awkward at times). When I pitched him the ball and he'd swing and miss he would say "I suck!" hehehehe. I kept on pouring on positive encouragement and praise though. At one point there was an ant that got on to his yellow plastic bat and he threw it on the ground. He was telling that there was a bug on it and that he wanted me to get it off. *smacked my forehead* He had a great time playing though. At the end he wound up hitting the ball off the grass. Maybe we should have gotten him some golf clubs instead.

After the girls got up from their naps, Fiona took me and the kiddies down to Dave & Busters down at the Irvine Spectrum for lunch. One of the places that is great for taking babies. Loud, not terribly crowded (except weekend nights), and yummy food. Then we walked and got some dessert from Cold Stone Ice Cream. For some reason I'm not really fond of the place (it didn't really standout from other ice cream stores except that it was a little more expensive) but yesterday's treat tasted really good. Fiona had gotten a good portion scoop of vanilla ice cream with bits of Twix candy bar in a waffle cone. We all shared it and it was quite delectable.

We took the kids home after that and put them for a nap until it was dinner time. I was a little stuffed but I still packed it in. We went to dinner with Fiona's parents at our always-fall-back restaurant, China Palace. This place doesn't require a reservation and never quite gets busy. Plus the food is great and Fiona's parents know the owner so we always get freebies.

All in all a good Father's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home