8.25.2006

Where The Heck Have I Been?!?!?

Well I have been out of commissioned. First it started off with a last second swing commuting to our mobile trailor up in Los Angeles this past Monday and Tuesday. The worst part of that trip was I got sick. Apparently the movers of our mobile system didn't stabilize it so I was essentially getting motionsickness. And I think coincidently I came down with something. It might have been some type of bug or food poisoning. Without going into much detail, I had major (probably the worse that I have experienced ever) bowel movements. I was probably prepped well enough to go through a colonoscopy. So I was nauseous, no appetite, going to the bathroom like crazy, no energy, pounding headache, and dry throat. Usually when I'm sick I can still help around the house. Not this time. Poor Fiona. Luckily I am just about better now. So what's been going on?

-Jadon finished has third of four weeks in his sports. Last Saturday he participated in soccer. He didn't do poorly nor did he excel at it. At times he would just lose focus and lift up his shirt or stick the tightening strings on his shorts into his mouth. Next week (actually tomorrow) is basketball.

-Jadon is going to start preschool next week. That will be an interesting transition. I hope he loves it.

-Jadon is doing pretty well on his potty training. There are a handful of times when he has gone by himself. He won't say anything or tell us he has to go. He'll just go to the bathroom and all of a sudden we'll hear him lift the toilet seat up and then hear him piss in it. Then after he's done, the seat clanks back down, the flush, and then finally the hand washing. Our boy is growing up! There have also been a few instances where we are out and he has to go so we ended up having to use our newly purchased (but well invested) inflate-a-potty which Fiona and I read off of Minnie's blogsite. It will definitely come in handy when the girls come of age.

-Natalie and Vanessa are sort of saying words or names. Besides the typical 'mama' and 'dada,' they know how to say milk ('ma'). Now the word 'dada' is not just reserved for me. That's what they call each other. But there is a distinguishable tone when they use 'dada' for me verses for each other. When they are calling out for each other, the pitch is a little higher then when they call out for me. Natalie knows some sign language (which she has learned from her therapist). She knows how to sign 'more' and 'please.' It's cute when she does it.

-Natalie loves to copy Vanessa. Vanessa will pull out a chair into the living room and sit on it and Natalie will see her doing that and copy her. Last evening Vanessa crawled onto my lap. Natalie saw that and crawled on to her momma's lap.

-I have just been asked by few friends of mine if I would like to join a basketball league and I happily accepted. So starting next Thursday, I'll be participating in organized play. Now it's time to get my ass back in shape and start running and shooting.

There's probably more that I am leaving out because I have most likely forgotten. If I remember anything of interest, I'll be sure to blog it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Minnie Pak said...

Will you have enough time to inflate your potty once Jadon says he has to go? Nicholas can usually hold it just long enough for me to pay for whatever I have in my shopping cart and then run to the car. :)

Good luck with school. Nicholas resumes on Wed. It won't be pretty.

9:16 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

The potty stays inflated (unless it starts to lose air). But so far we have used it twice. The first time we were eating at Pat&Oscars and towards the tail end he said he had to go to the potty. Instead of using the restaurant restrooms we decided to head back to the car and try it out. It'll definitely come in use when the girls are ready to potty.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home