8.29.2006

A Long And Pukey Day.

Yesterday turned out to be a long, long day. It started off at about 12:00pm. It was nearing the stretch run on my day at work when I get a call from my IT Director. He wanted me to head up to Los Angeles to assist him in greasing the onboard mobile's satelite array. So that meant an hour drive up north, two hours of aiding, and then an hour or so drive (in potential rush hour traffic) home. Luckily for me I didn't hit too much traffic at all.

When I got home, I had a few minutes of rest before Natalie and Vanessa woke up from their naps. Natalie seems to have recovered from her butt blow-outs but she's annoyingly needy. Plus she's crying for the silliest of reasons. Vanessa will bring over a toy or a book for Natalie, and she just starts crying. Or Vanessa will be off playing and Natalie will come and sit by her and just start crying.

While the girls were playing I went to check up on Jadon and he was still sleeping. A few moments later I went to check on him again and I saw him sitting near the edge of his bed. He ended up doing a major puke job on his sheets. Oh boy! Fiona was out grabbing some dinner so I had to go solo. I gave Jadon a bath (he had some puke on the side of his face and in his hair). Then I had to navigate getting his sheets off his bed and take the massive amount of throw-up and dump it into the toilet. Just disgusting. I plopped everything into the washer. At that point Fiona had arrived home. Jadon ended up bypassing dinner. During that, Jadon ended up puking again. Another bath for him. He ended up puking probably a half dozen times. Some times he would sip water and then just puke. I felt really bad for the kid. Hope he gets better soon because he's going to be starting school in a few days. Well I decided to take off the child-proof door handles off his bedroom knob. I told him that if he has to go to the bathroom or he has to puke that he can just open his door and go. Unfortunately he was using that option for nonemergency purposes. He came out of his room after 10:00pm, 2:00am, and 5:00am. The reason? He was thirsty. Unfortunately we didn't give him water for fear of him throwing up. At the 10:oopm session I fed him a small spoonful of water and he ended up puking it up. I guess tonight, the child-proof door handles are going back on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home