9.28.2006

Pride In Good Mannerisms.

I have to say that so far I am pleased with the way the kids have grown up utilizing good manners. One of our goals (at least for me) is to have the kids grow up to be respectful, courteous, politeful, helpful, and loving. I'm still in the training mode but I have noticed that all the kids have initiated characteristics of good manners on their own.

With Jadon I have noticed him saying thanks without me having to tell him. We were at California Pizza Kitchen the other day and the waiter had just served bread and he said to the waiter "Thank you for the bread." Then when were leaving the restaurant, there was a person who opened the door for us and he said "Thank you." I gushed with pride at that moment.

Yesterday, I was cleaning up some cars that Jadon had left on the dining table. Well, with me hoping on one leg and trying to cradle several cars in my hand, there would be an occasional car that would drop. Natalie saw what I was trying to do and do you know what she did next? She found a bucket that Jadon had been using to transport his cars and she brought it over to me. What a little smarty. I thanked her and praised her. More gushing.

When it's time to go out, or go to bed (or nap), Vanessa is the best one as far as cleaning up. Without being told what to do, she just starts cleaning up sorting out that the toys go in the toy box and the books go on their little play table. I'll just sit back and just observe her go. It is so cute to see her little focused mind at work.

The work is never over but so far so good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Great! You'll have to let me know what your secret is.

2:55 PM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

Persistent repetition and patience.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home