10.16.2006

Back In The Driver Seat.

This morning I drove to work! Albiet, it was only a five minute drive but still it felt great to get back in to the driver seat. Being not able to drive for the past month has been driving (no pun intended) me nuts. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Fiona (and Elliot) chauffeuring me around but as a person who loves to drive, it's pure torture.

The last time that I have not driven for a long period of time was when I was 16 (or was it 17?) and I had just gotten two citations within three weeks. The first citation was for doing a "California Roll" on a stop sign really close by our house. The second was for speeding doing 75 mph on a 55mph zone (actually I was going 90 and I slowed fast when I saw the cop). I felt so bad when I confronted my parents. I ended up grounding myself. No driving for awhile. I ended up walking to school. At about a months' time my mom told me that I can drive again. Boy was I just a stupid driver back then. It's not to say that I didn't go ticket free after that but I will say that I haven't gotten one in over 11 years.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, me too. my last ticket was in 1995.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home