12.05.2006

A Disney Success

So our little visit to Disneyland was marginally successful. We arrived shortly before 1:30p.m. and left a little after 4:30p.m. It was surprisingly crowded considering that this was a weekday and a non-blackout day for annual passport holders. So we purchased a passport for Jadon and I and then we went to the passport center to get our pictures taken. After that we went roaming around the park. I couldn't believe that it has been 12 years since I last went there. No memories lost though. The park was nicely decorated for the holidays. We went on a total of four rides.

The first ride we went on was It's A Small World After All. What was nice about that ride was it was decorated for the holidays as well. Jadon took it all in and enjoyed it. Vanessa was reserved at first but she warmed up quickly. She showed the most enthusiasm pointing to all the moving people and props. Natalie seemed apathetic to the whole ride. She didn't seem to understand what was going on. The good thing though is that all three kiddies didn't freak out or cry. That in itself was a success.

The second ride was on a little roller coaster that was in Toontown. It was a short ride but a fast one. This was Jadon's first ride on one. While waiting in line he would just observe the roller coast and make little comments like "wow that's fast." And he was preparing himself by making screaming noises because he saw the other riders doing that as well. So after a 15-20 minute wait in line, Jadon and I were finally seated. He did his little screams which was cute and he seemed to be enjoying it. But as the ride went faster and the turns got sharper, I could tell that his face was going from enjoyment to becoming terrified. I put my arms around him and squeezed him to assure him that I was right there with him. Luckily the ride ended quickly and got to even ground. He said that it went to fast and that he got scared. I hope that it won't deter him from going on roller coasters in the future because I need a partner to go on bigger ones (Fiona has become a scaredy cat now when it comes to them).

The third ride we went on was the River Boat. On the way to the ride we passed my old work place, The Big Thunder Ranch Kitchen. Fiona was poking fun of me asking me if it brought back memories, or telling me to go over to the bar-be-que area and give the cast members tips on how to do it. I didn't retaliate because deep down inside, I know that at least I got accepted to work at Disneyland unlike other unqualified people. So we got to the triple decker steam boat and it was a welcome rest for Fiona and I. We pretty much occupied the second floor while other patrons were either on the top floor or the bottom floor. So that made it easier to watch the kids roam around which they all seemed to enjoy it. Fiona just took pictures of them and I got a nice breather. It's so interesting that as you get older, the more enojoyable the slower, more touristy rides get.

The last ride was the train that encircles the entire park. Another slow ride. The only thing though is that the girls were really squirmy when it came to sitting on our laps or sitting on the bench. They just wanted to run around. The only thing that kept them in their place was when we'd enter through tunnels. They would get a little scared and start clinging on us. Jadon seemed to enjoy the ride but he'd wonder why we kept stopping.

The kids ended up bypassing their naps which made the outing to the park only marginally successful. The girls got a little cranky, especially Natalie. Her mind wasn't working well at all. She'd ask for water and we'd give it to her but she would refuse it and get pissed off. She kept on asking for it but the same result would occur. She couldn't communicate to us effectively to tell us that she was sleepy. We went to dinner afterwards and that seemed to give the kids a second wind. Then we went home and put the kids to bed early.

In the evening, we plan to go back to Disneyland (I am starting to love this annual passport concept) to watch the fireworks and and Christmas displays.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Actually, I know a bunch of people who have had annual passports, and if you have kids, it's a great thing because it's way cheaper than buying regular tickets and you can take them all the time to just enjoy the park or the rides. I think when Danica gets a little older, we might invest in one.

BTW, just so Fiona can read this, you should investigate a nice flat-panel TV. I'll let you know how the 40-incher works out. I might sell it to you and buy a 32" if it's too big. =)

11:05 AM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

How about I do you a favor? I'll trade you my 32" Sony Wega for your flat panel =)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home