12.29.2006

The Vanessa Reversion.

Back in February, I had a post: The Natalie Reversion. Well now I have the Vanessa reverting back into a semi newborn state. I have to say she is hampering my sleep. Two nights (or early morning) ago, Vanessa woke up at 3:30am crying. I checked up on her and told her to go back to sleep. She was quite for a a little bit but then she acted up again. I went back to check up on her again and this time I realized that she had gone poop. I changed in diaper (in the dark) and plopped her back in bed. By that time it was already after 4:00am and I was wide awake. No point in going back to sleep since I had to wake up in about an hour. Later on in the day, Fiona had called me up at work to tell me that Vanessa's diaper rash has spread to her front. For the past week, Vanessa had a bad diaper rash on her but but it looked like she was improving. Apparently Vanessa was crying constantly throughout the day, grabbing her crotch and saying "poopoo, poopoo." That's her way of saying that her but hurts (because we'll check her diaper and she's pooless). So Fiona made an appointment with the Pediatrician's office to have Vanessa checked out. She has a yeast infection. Fiona got some medicine and hopefully that will help out.

Fast forward to this morning. At about 2:00am this morning, Vanessa woke up crying. I was expecting another poop scenario. As I went into the girls' room, Vanessa was in the sitting position crying out "Momma!" She had apparently lost her pacifier and had been searching for it. I (being in the tired state that I was) was getting frustrated (but I kept a relatively level head only mumbling profanities to myself). I whispered to Vanessa to stop crying and to go back to sleep. I had searched (in the dark) for the pacifier but was unsuccessful. I moved her bed all around but no luck. So I left and Vanessa was still whining for her pacifier. So I went to fetch a flash light and went back into her room. I took her out and lifted her mattress to see if it fell through the cracks. Finally I found it and I quietly lectured Vanessa to not take the pacifier (and clip) off and throw it and to go back to sleep. Throughout the whole ordeal, Natalie was still asleep! It took me about and hour or so to finally go back to sleep.

All I have to say is this better not happen again tonight. I just want to have uninterrupted sleep considering that I am still a little sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home