12.18.2006

Mall Traversing.

This past weekend I was only crazy enough to want to go shopping at the mall once. Little did I know, I would end up going three times! We went to the big mall, South Coast Plaza on Friday night. Bought a pair of shoes for Jadon and jackets for Fiona, Jadon, and I. Nothing for the girls because they have a lot of clothes (compliments of the grandparents). On Saturday we went to another mall, Main Place, and then after that, we wound up back at South Coast. It was our last day for handicap usage so we wanted to get out the most of it. We bought a couple of books for the kiddies (mainly Dr. Seuss books).

-On a side note, I find it slightly uncomfortable when we go into a Victoria Secrets store. Fiona was looking for some underwear (she has one of those free underwear mailers), and I was browsing for some intimate apparel =) Anyways, I don't feel uncomfortable because I am a guy in a predominately female shop. I feel uncomfortable because I have three kids with me. Sometimes I wonder if people look at me (and the kids) and think "you need to not be in here and stop having kids. This type of clothing is what got you in this mess." -

Lastnight we attempted to go to a Christmas Decorated Boating event. Down in Newport Beach, they have boats decorated in lights parading around the ports. Unfortunately we didn't plan out our trip to the event and ended up driving around for about an hour before we decided to head home. Jadon just broke out into tears. After he had stopped crying here's how our conversation went:

Me: Jadon, I'm sorry that we can't see the boat lights.
Jadon: (Thinks for a moment) That's ok dadda. Why couldn't we see the lights?
Me: There was no parking spots available. It's so crowded with so many cars.
Jadon: Oh ok. Maybe we can go watch the boat lights on another night.
Me: This was the last night. Perhaps next year.
Jadon: Oh ok. We can go watch other lights on houses.

I am glad that he can be so understanding. I love it how it's getting easier to communicate to him (and vice versa). I mean his crying can get to me every now and then but at least I can reason with him and he can understand why things don't work out sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home