6.24.2006

A Beautiful Yet Sad Service.

There were two parts to the service that I attended yesterday. I had an entourage of my coworkers following me from work to the service. I met up with Fiona at the synagogue where it was held which was in Irvine. There they had eulogies and sang songs. At the memorial service, I was able to keep myself composed and not shed a tear but it was tough. I have to say that the hebrew language and songs are quite a beautiful sounding language. It reminds something out of the Lord of The Rings when the elfs speak.

After the service, family members and friends went to the gravesite service which was about 10 minutes away. Fiona went home to tend to the kiddies and I carpooled with a coworker. There, the rabbi prayed and the burial transpired. The way they did the burial was a nice tribute to the deceased. First they had family members shovel the dirt in and then they opened it up to the rest of us. When I saw my boss start to shovel the dirt in, was when my eyes swelled up and the tears just rolled on. The two times that I have seen the casket lowering into the plot is when it had hit me. It was just a sad, dreadful, and even spine tingling feel. I had the chance to shake my bosses' hand, give him a hug him and tell him "I'm so sorry for your loss." He was well composed. He had asked me if Fiona came and I told him that she made it to the service but that she had to go home to tend to the little ones. He understood and thanked me for coming.

I'll probably try to visit him early next week and hopefully show him my support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home