3.19.2007

Damn Birds.....

I don't have a problem with birds....that much. Spring must be coming because I hear them chirping in the wee hours of the morning. Fiona likes to keep the window in our bedroom open for the ventilation. I don't mind that except at about 4:00am (or even earlier), there's a bird or two that starts chirping away. Drives me nuts. I thought that I would have gotten a reprieve with day lights savings change but that was not to be.

Fiona thinks that I am nuts when it comes to little sounds keeping me up. The sound of crickets, the turning (and slightest click) of a turning fan, can easily keep me up. I am so sensitive that I can even hear Fiona blink! Pretty soon I will probably be admitted to the nut house. That doesn't change the fact that I can't sleep though. I could wear some ear plugs but then I can hear myself breathe really loud. Sometimes I am tempted to take a long pole, go outside, and start whapping the tree that the bird (or birds) are in (don't worry I won't). Sigh.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Dude, you're nuts. Take some Nyquil or something. BTW, if you can hear Fiona blink, I have a friend who might be interested in your superhuman hearing...

1:28 PM  
Blogger Minnie Pak said...

In every sleeping room in our house, we have a CD player with a white noise CD in it (ocean waves crashing) that we put on repeat the entire night. It pretty much drowns out all the sounds. I dunno if it would drown out a bird chipring, but you certainly wouldn't be able to hear a fan turning on or a toilet flushing or even someone taking a shower.

I totally hear ya on the birds, though. In our old house, every morning I would declare "DAMN BIRDS!" Do you watch Friends? You know that episode where Gary, Phoebe's cop boyfriend, shoots the morning bird with his gun. I thought that was so funny.

9:41 AM  
Blogger a mindless zombie said...

Steve - Nyquil doesn't do anything for me (Just like caffeine has no affect on me as well). I only use my superhuman powers for the good of mankind and will not use it for evil biddings.

Minnie - I have used sound makers but the birds are so loud that I think that I would wake up from them regardless. And I did see that episode. That was a hilarious bit. I know how Gary felt.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home